The National Cancer Institute of Canada (NCIC) Leadership Fund Prevention Initiative recently announced a new funding opportunity in the area of Modifiable Risk Factors and Conditions in Cancer Prevention. The purpose of this funding initiative is to broaden the scope of currently-funded investigations on cancer risk factors and accelerate understanding of and action around cancer prevention.
Applications are invited for epidemiological, laboratory-based, social science, policy, health promotion and health services research aimed at identifying, characterizing and evaluating interventions against modifiable risk factors and conditions likely to have impact in cancer prevention in the short-term (within 3-5 years). Individual grants of up to $600,000 over a three year period will be available.
- Expression of Interest Due Date: September 2, 2008
- Application Due Date: November 3, 2008
- Peer Review Date: December 2008/January 2009
- Date for Approval of Successful Applicants: January 2009
- Earliest Anticipated Start Date: February 1, 2009
More details and the complete RFA announcement can be found at http://www.ncic.cancer.ca/ncic/internet/standard/0,3621,84658243_2014492388__langId-en,00.html.