The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive regular part-time opportunity with Environmental Health Division within the Peel Health Services Department.
Health Promotion Officer (Public Health) File #08-454
Part-time (up to 35 hours bi-weekly)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Environmental Health, you will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion practices/programs and you will make recommendations based on analysis of data results related to program planning. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials for the community in order to meet program objectives.
If you possess:
- a university degree in health promotion or related field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation
- broad knowledge of environmental health issues
- knowledge of Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines and Protocols in the areas of environmental health
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote environmental health to target groups
- knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, MS projects, or MS outlook
- an ability to work as part of a team, including community partners
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- an hourly rate range from $30.29 - $37.87
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging part-time opportunity, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and click on Current Job Listings and Part-time Health Promotion Officer (Public Health) File # 08-454. The position closes on September 1, 2008.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.