Reports To: Director, Education, Committees & Sections
Responsibility: To coordinate the activities of the Neonatal Resuscitation
NRP Steering Committee
- Coordinate the activities of the NRP Steering Committee and Executive, including logistics (booking teleconferences, liaising with hotels, travel agent, and committee members) and preparation of agenda and meeting documents and minutes
- Coordinate the work of the NRP Education Subcommittee to develop and update education materials
- Coordinate the work of the NRP Resuscitation Science Subcommittee on research grant and resuscitation club
- Prepare statistics reports for provincial representatives
- Distribute provincial rebates to provincial representatives
- Coordinate membership for the Steering Committees, Executive and Subcommittees
Canadian Instructor Database
- Maintain Canadian instructor database and work with IT and developers to update as required
- Coordinate instructor registrations and renewals
- Process all provider course rosters and mail out provider cards.
- Develop and maintain procedures for the database
- Coordinate the information on the NRP web pages (prepare material for administration information and work with NRP Education Subcommittee on program based information)
- Distribute the AAP instructor update newsletter to all instructors.
- Respond to all public inquiries regarding NRP, in both official languages
- Coordinate NRP education session developed by the Steering Committee (e.g., launches, workshops, etc.)
- Work with Director on AAP contract negotiations
- Coordinate the development and production of the Canadian NRP textbook and supporting materials, English and French
- Ensure inventory of NRP materials is maintained and coordinate re-prints when required.
- Coordinate the translation of all NRP materials
- Post-secondary education/training in a health sciences or related field.
- 3 years experience coordinating the activities of a national program, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
- Knowledge of relevant computer software (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with a membership database is an asset
- Able to answer telephone and e-mail inquiries with tact and sensitivity
- Strong written English communication skills
- Highly organized and able to shift priorities
- Ability to work independently and apply sound judgement in dealing with non-standard situations
- Fluently bilingual (English/French)
Further information regarding the organization and this position may be found on the CPS website at http://www.cps.ca.
Please send your cover letter and resume by fax or email to:
Director, Education, Committees and Sections
Canadian Paediatric Society
Fax: (613) 526-3332
Closing Date: September 5, 2008