Program: Adult Health
Promotes and protects the health and well-being of individuals and communities, in multiple sites such as homes, schools, and workplaces. Uses evidence based practice to inform health policies and programs, and to implement Ontario Public Health Standards and protocols. Uses evidence-based and sustainable strategies to plan and deliver health promotion and disease prevention programs and services. Works as a team member and promotes KFL&A Public Health's values and standards in the community. Provides leadership and collaborates effectively with community agencies, partners, and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing which includes public health nursing preparation.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Previous experience in the health and prevention of chronic disease in the adult population preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of social marketing techniques, and ability to creatively contribute to the development of marketing campaigns preferred
- Knowledge in the use of advocacy and policy development in bringing about social change related to health preferred
- Proven skill in developing and working with community coalitions preferred
- Knowledge related to adult learning and behaviour change theories, and skill in planning and implementing interventions based on these theories preferred
- Proven skills in teaching, counseling and enabling adults preferred
- Ability to conduct basic community needs assessment for the purpose of program planning; and ability to evaluate programs for effectiveness preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Basic computer software proficiency.
- Ability to access, understand and utilize research literature to support and promote evidence-based practice
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
If you are interested in one this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by August 29, 2008, to
Human Resources, KFLA Public Health, email@example.com.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.