Registered Nurse - Chronic Disease Management Program Leader
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Category: Healthcare support, Medical, Nursing
Years of Experience: 3-5
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $55,000 to $63,000 p.a.
Post Date: August 25,2008
Deadline Date: September 19,2008
The Etobicoke Medical Centre Family Health Team is a new Primary Care Health Team, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care and built upon a longstanding medical practice. The physicians and staff of the EMC have been providing high quality care, including prevention, treatment and diagnostics, to the community in the west end of the city of Toronto and Mississauga for 40 years. The EMC FHT will be enhancing these services by moving to a comprehensive interdisciplinary team with the addition of several allied health professionals and administrative staff.
We are currently looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to take a leadership role in the planning, development and implementation of a collaborative care model, with a specific focus on chronic disease prevention and management. Working with an interdisciplinary team, he/she will provide comprehensive care and expertise related to chronic disease management in order to optimize the health of patients and their families. The Registered Nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients of the Family Health Team, operating within their full scope of practice (RN) as well as share his/her expertise with members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Leadership with respect to the planning, coordination and delivery of services for patients with one or more chronic diseases
• Health screening, data collection, ongoing assessment of health care needs, analyzing findings of a health assessment; interpreting patient records.
• Providing counseling, clinical tasks, performing nursing interventions as required
• Educating patients and caregivers on an individual or group basis; planning and delivery of educational workshops, using other adult education strategies to increase patients ability to identify and use health resources, encouraging them to take action for their own health; providing health education, health promotion and disease prevention
• Liaising with physicians and other team members as required, liaising with hospital, community agencies; coordinating implementation of planned care for the patient
• Engaging in community capacity building activities as opportunities arise
• Maintaining ongoing patient documentation as well as government and other organizational reporting requirements
• Participating actively as a member of the integrated Family Health Team, including training and supporting new staff, participating in problem-solving to enhance patient care.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Minimum 3 years experience in a community-based primary care setting
• Initiative, leadership in program and service planning related to primary care
• Expertise in chronic disease prevention and management
• Previous experience working with an interdisciplinary team
• Experience with electronic medical records an asset
• Health assessment/clinical skills
• Superior communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Solid understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement initiatives
• Commitment to high quality care, services to patients and their families
If you would like to be part of this exciting new team, to help make our vision of accessible, integrated care a reality, please contact us. Please send your cover letter and resume via email to Andrea.Stevens@emcfht.ca by September 19,2008.
Andrea Stevens Lavigne
Etobicoke Medical Centre Family Health Team
400 The East Mall
Toronto, Ontario M9B 3Z9