Health Promoter - Seniors Program
Carlington Community and Health Services
Full-time, regular position starting September 2008
Under the direction of the Community Services (CS) Program Director, and as a member of the CS Team, Health Promoter 2 - Seniors Program (HP-Seniors) plans, implements, and monitors programs and services that assist seniors in improving their own health and quality of life and the health of their community. Other responsibilities include community needs assessments , program evaluation, and proposal writing for ongoing program funding.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate 2 - 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
• Graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as health planning, health promotion, or other health-related field, or combination of undergraduate degree and significant related experience.
• Three to five years full-time health promotion experience in a community setting.
• Experience working with seniors and on issues of importance to seniors.
• Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation for multi-disciplinary programs, including experience with statistical analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
• Experience working with low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and multicultural communities using feminist and culturally sensitive practices.
• Knowledge of group dynamics and experience in small group development and group facilitation.
• Experience liaising with seniors groups and associations; specific knowledge of the CCHS service area an asset.
• Proven ability to secure funding for proposed programs and services.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment using excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with and supervising volunteers.
• Available to work periodic evenings and occasional weekends.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including statistical software and electronic client databases.
• Bilingualism preferred, a third language relevant to our client base is an asset.
Salary: $27.05 - $32.59 an hour + full benefits
Send application materials as described above (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference number HP2 CST-23 by 3:30 p.m, Wednesday, September 16, 2008 to Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community and Health Services, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, Ont. K1Z 5Z8 or fax (613) 761-1805.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.