Support Public Health Care - Mass Protest
Saturday, September 27
Rallies in Toronto, Windsor, Kingston Sudbury and Thunder Bay
- Stop the cuts to hospital services
- Stop p3s
- Stop homecare competitive bidding for good
- Regulate a minimum care standard in long term care
- Stop privatization and two tier extra billing
The Ontario Health Coalition has called for major protests across Ontario. Buses are being organized from communities across Ontario. Major planning meetings are coming up across Ontario. See the list below for the meeting nearest you. Please let us know if you have an upcoming planning meeting and we will add yours to the list. Bus registration forms and posters are available for download on our website at: www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca
Urgent Meetings for Community Groups (Hosted By Local Health Coalitions):
* Windsor - Wednesday, Aug. 27 @ 4pm - Room 3, CAW Local 2458, 3400 Somme Ave.
* Kingston - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 5pm - 35 Concession St, CUPE 1974 Hall
* Sudbury - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 5pm - CAW/Mine Mill Hall, 19 Regent St.
* Thunder Bay - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 5:30pm - Board Rm. CAW L 229 office, 101 Syndicate Ave. N., Suite 502
* Ottawa - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 7pm - Labour Council office, #5, 280 Metcalfe St.
* Midland - Thursday, Sept. 4 @ 7pm - Midland Public Library, King Street
* Toronto - Tuesday, Sept. 9 @ 3pm - Steelworker's Hall, 25 Cecil St.
* Peterborough - Tuesday, Sept. 9 @ 5pm - Labour Council office, 246 Romaine St.
* Niagara Region - Wednesday, Sept. 10 @ 7pm - CAW Hall, 124 Bunting Rd. St. Catharines
* Brampton - Sunday, Sept. 14 @ 2pm - Location TBA
* Sarnia - Monday, Sept. 15 @ 7pm - Grace United Church, Cathcart St.
* Hamilton - Thursday, Sept. 18 @ 5:30pm - Steelworkers 1005 Hall, 350 Kenilworth Ave.
All-Union Meetings co-sponsored by the OHC and the Ontario Federation of Labour
Heads or representatives of all union locals/units in the area are encouraged to attend these important meetings:
* Windsor - Tuesday, Sept. 2 @ 5pm - Room 3, CAW Local 2458, 3400 Somme Ave. (Hosted by the Windsor Health Coalition and CAW L 2458)
* Hamilton - Tuesday, Sept. 2 @ 5:30pm - Steelworkers L1005 Hall, 350 Kenilworth Ave. North (Hosted by Steelworkers Local 1005 and OCHU Region 2)
* Ottawa - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 6pm - Labour Council office, #5 - 280 Metcalfe St. (Hosted by the Ottawa & District Labour Council and Ottawa Health Coalition)
* Thunder Bay - Wednesday, Sept. 3 @ 5:30pm - CAW L 229 office, 101 Syndicate Ave. N., Suite 502 (Hosted by the Thunder Bay Health Coalition, CAW L 229 and Thunder Bay & District Labour Council)
* Sudbury - Thursday, Sept. 4 @ 5:30pm - OPSEU office, 866 Newgate Ave. (Hosted by Mine Mill/CAW l.598, OPSEU and the Sudbury & District Labour Council)
* Scarborough/Pickering/Oshawa - Thursday, Sept. 4 @ 5pm - CUPE Offices, 305 Milner Avenue, Scarborough (Hosted by CUPE Ontario)
* Toronto - Monday, Sept. 8 @ 2 pm - OPSEU Offices, 31 Wellesley St. E. (Hosted by OPSEU)
* Brampton - Monday, Sept. 8 @ 6 pm - Labour Council office, 989 Derry Rd. (at Tomken) (Hosted by the Brampton, Mississauga & District Labour Council)
* Kingston - Monday, Sept. 8 @ 5:30pm - CUPE 1974 Hall, 35 Concession St. (Hosted by the Kingston & District Labour Council and CUPE Local 1974)
* London - Monday, Sept. 8 @ 6pm - Tolpuddle, 380 Adelaide St. North (Hosted by the London & District Labour Council)
* Peterborough/Lindsay - Tuesday, Sept. 9 @ 5pm - Labour Council office, 246 Romaine St., Peterborough (Hosted by the Peterborough Health Coalition and the Peterborough Labour Council)
* Niagara Region - Wednesday, Sept. 10 @ 5:30pm - CAW Hall, 124 Bunting Rd, St. Catharines (Hosted by the Niagara Health Coalition and CAW Local 199)
For those communities outside of these communities that would like more information on how to participate, or if you missed the organizing meeting in your area, please call the Ontario Health Coalition at 416-441-2502; email: email@example.com; web: www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca.
(OHPE does not usually advertise protests, but this one does seem of relevance to Ontario health promoters.)