Position: Community Outreach Facilitator
Reporting to: Director of Public Awareness and Partnership Campaigns
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Outreach to community businesses, service groups, community leaders, police, emergency services workers and health professionals with the purpose of developing partnerships, providing program and service awareness and recruiting leadership volunteers.
• Support the Chapter volunteer development programs.
• Ensure that the Chapter is maximizing the effectiveness of all of its partnership and public awareness campaigns.
• Provide guidance to the Chapter to initiate other public awareness and fundraising activities at the local level.
• 1 to 2 years of successful fundraising experience with demonstrated skills in planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating fundraising activities.
• 2 to 3 years experience recruiting, supervising and motivating volunteers, and working with volunteer committees.
• Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Bilingualism would be an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to enlist the cooperation of others.
• Demonstrated project management ability with strong time management, organizational and delegation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in office administration, including maintaining accurate files and records.
• The ability to work within a budget and meet goals.
• Computer proficiency in Windows-based word processing applications, spreadsheets, e-mail and the Internet.
• Knowledge of the community.
• The use of a private auto and willingness to travel throughout the assigned area and to regional/provincial functions as required.
• Willingness to work from a home office in Toronto, Windsor or Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (3 positions available in total).
Two year, part-time contract position.
$21 per hour, 21 hours weekly.
Interested candidates please forward cover letter and resume outlining skills, interest and qualifications. Please, no phone calls.
Contact by email, fax or mail
Please quote job #: OHPE_2008
Attention: Dawn Regan, Director of Public Awareness & Partnership Campaigns
2010 Winston Park Drive, Suite 500, Oakville, ON L6H 5R7
FAX: (905) 829-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org