Application Support Specialist
Closing Date: 5:00pm, Friday September 19th, 2008
Location of work is Toronto.
For over 20 years Health Nexus (formerly the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse) has been enabling communities to promote health-in Ontario and beyond. At little or no cost, we help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies, which aim to enhance well-being and reduce demand on the health care and social service systems. Our three strategic areas of focus are: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion). At Health Nexus, we envision a future where health inequities are reduced and the health of our communities is improved through collective commitment, action and innovation.
The position provides application support to Health Nexus with primary focus on the service database using the platform Maximizer and intranet communication technology. The successful candidate will provide accurate, timely reports on service delivery, coordinate the technological capacity of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS, http://www.ohprs.ca), and offer desk top support to staff. Note: this is not a programming or DBA position.
• Develop data entry standards and guidelines for end-users
• Perform ongoing data quality checks and implement processes to ensure data completeness, validity, and consistency
• Identify persistent data entry issues and develop a plan to resolve them
• Generate reports on a predetermined schedule
• Provide application training and support to staff
• Administer, maintain, troubleshoot, and facilitate content development on the Livelink Intranet and OHPRS website.
• Support the introduction and use of a new, custom-built reporting application for the OHPRS
• Support collaborative working arrangements by facilitating the use of the Livelink Intranet, LiveMeeting and other tools for communication and production.
• Maintain an awareness of current tools and trends in application technology
• Minimum three years relevant work experience, preferably in the not for profit sector
• Diploma or degree in related discipline an asset
• Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical users
• Strong understanding of technological standards
• Experience monitoring and evaluating data for accuracy, consistency, and completeness
• Experience providing support and training to end users
• Experience with Crystal Reports and Maximizer preferred
• Knowledge of or experience with Livelink Intranet (http://www.opentext.com/livelink)
• Strong communication skills including: group work and facilitation, oral and written presentations.
• Demonstrated experience with online facilitation in electronic conferences or listservs, use of Intranets, and with electronic communication and its capacity to support collaborative work.
• Broad familiarity with current computer and Internet technologies, including networks, current office productivity applications, software, repairs, troubleshooting, and hardware upgrading.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team with multiple accountabilities.
• Bilingual in French and English an asset
Please submit a letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900, Toronto, M5G 1Z8
Please see our website for more information (www.healthnexus.ca).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.