Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
Position: Senior Specialist Mission Information
Reports to: Manager, Mission Information
Department: Research, Advocacy and Health Promotion - RAHP
Location: Provincial Office, Toronto, Ontario
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Senior Specialist Mission Information will be one of two key point persons responsible for ensuring quality control of mission content and providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Specialist will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of accurate information.
General Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Mission Content Management and Knowledge Dissemination
- Ensure quality control of science and mission information that supports the core functions of the Foundation by reviewing and approving scientific and mission messaging for statistical and scientific accuracy.
- Create lay summaries of HSFC/HSFO funded research projects and relay information to fundraising, marketing and sales teams and public relations to support the productization of mission investments.
- Identify and create lay translations of research and health information for various marketing uses, including the support of Mission investments and Telling Our Story.
- Liaise with external creative suppliers as requested by internal stakeholders to approve mission content.
- Work collaboratively with National when creating content for national documents to ensure accuracy and minimize duplication of work.
- Work closely with lateral internal partners to develop presentations targeting various audiences including volunteers, staff members and community groups.
- Support the Associate Manager Research Programs by helping to facilitate the Research Speaker Program, maintain relationships with researchers and recommend speakers for events managed by Parent Brand Marketing, Regional offices and other programs.
- Manage and foster relationships with health information experts and researchers through conferences, community events and other networking venues.
- If required, serve as the Foundation's mission/scientific spokesperson.
Systematization of Mission Content
- Proactively gather and maintain mission relevant information in support of approved and future strategies and directions.
- Work with the Mission Content Team to develop a systematized process to ensure that the SharePoint mission information system is current and meeting the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate with mission experts (internal and external) to create support for HSFO initiatives and gather accurate mission information on relevant topics.
Reports to Manager, Mission Information
Key Lateral Relationships
- Senior Science Specialist, Mission Information
- National Writer, Web and Publications
- Manager, Parent Brand Marketing and PR Communications and Programs
- Manager, Health Information and Product Development
- Senior Associate Manager, Health Information
- Marketing, Direct Mail
- Area and regional offices
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests from mission information seekers in a timely manner while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Understand and manage scope of position and filter mission queries appropriately.
- Consistent management of mission information.
- M.Sc. or equivalent, experience in cardio/cerebrovascular systems at least at one of the following levels: molecular, cellular, physiological, pathological, behavioural as well as epidemiological awareness.
- Ability to interpret statistical and epidemiological terms and translate to language appropriate for lay audiences.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, including SharePoint. Ability to learn new programs relative to the tasks assigned.
- Strong editing and writing skills, including writing and reviewing proposals
- Accountable for ensuring quality control of mission content.
- Accountable for providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your application by October 3rd, 2008 to:
Human Resources Consultant, Provincial Office
2300 Yonge St.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.