Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention and in consultation with existing IRD Program Evaluation staff, the Program Evaluation Specialist will work within a multi-disciplinary, research-based, population health framework, providing leadership and expertise in the design and implementation of evaluation activities in areas directly related to the Chrysler Canada Inc. (CCI) Workplace Health Promotion Program.
Work Location: Essex Office
Hourly Wage: CUPE Local 543.3 (Grid Level 901-950)
Organizational Structure: Health Protection Division, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department
- Conduct in-depth statistical analysis of CCI Employee Health and Screening Surveys
- Develop several interpretative reports based on the data from the CCI Employee Health Screening Surveys
- Assist in developing subsequent versions of the CCI Employee Health Survey for administration at a later time
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review on workplace health promotion evaluation systems
- Based on the literature review, design a comprehensive long-term evaluation model for the CCI Workplace Health Promotion program
- Design a statistical software application to analyze the data for the evaluation model
- Assist with the development of strategies to collect and compile the data for the evaluation model
- Develop several interpretative reports based on the data from the evaluation model
- Take a lead role in developing a process to assist CCI in qualifying for the National Quality Institute's Canadian Award for Excellence - Healthy Workplace Award
- Assist with other research/evaluation/funding projects for the DCCI program as required.
The position requires:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Health Science, Applied Social Science, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Program Evaluation or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum one year's experience in the area of program evaluation
- Familiarity with public health programs in Ontario
- Familiarity with workplace health promotion programs
- Familiarity with epidemiological data sets and methods
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Proficiency in working with statistical and database software programs
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications, including E-mail and Internet use
- A valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours is required
- A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant's cost.
- A PhD in a related field
- Competence in both official languages
- Familiarity with the principles and standards of quality assurance programs (Best Practices, ISO, NQI, etc.)
- Familiarity and comfort with organizational and union dynamics within the manufacturing sector
- Advanced understanding of shift-work and its impact on health
Successful candidates will be required to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543.3.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé before 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 10, 2008, to
Ms. Nancy Smith
Human Resource Officer, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
We thank all applicants, but only those who are asked to interview will be contacted.