**Note that due to conflict with another provincial event, the date for this HHRC workshop has been changed to Wednesday, November 12** [Ed: corrected September 19]
Holiday Inn on King, Toronto
The Heart Health Resource Centre is hosting an all-day workshop entitled "Making Evidence Work FOR You: Tools to strengthen health promotion programs" on Wednesday, November 12th at the Holiday Inn on King, Toronto. Some preliminary workshop details are below:
To build capacity in the application and generation of evidence, in order to strengthen health promotion programs and support decision-making. This will be accomplished by providing the tools to:
- Plan, assess and enhance initiatives, and
- Search, evaluate and apply relevant evidence to programs.
After participating in this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply practical tools to assess and enhance health promotion programming and outcomes;
- Search credible and relevant sources of evidence;
- Incorporate academic research, grey literature, expert opinion and practice-based knowledge;
- Make evidence-informed decisions; and
- Meet requirements under the new Ontario Public Health Standards for Research & Knowledge Exchange.
Watch for full program and registration details to be circulated (and posted on http://www.hhrc.net/services/workshop_event.cfm) in the last week of September, but in the meantime you may wish to hold the date to attend this informative and timely learning event.