1 year pilot position
Community Health - It's a Partnership
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre is a thriving inner city health centre and a leader in the provision of high-quality primary health services and programs. We are seeking an energetic and focused individual to pilot the Manager of Primary Health Care position at Hamilton Urban Core. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated health professionals and contribute to improving health outcomes for individuals and families in Hamilton.
This is a one year pilot position in which the successful candidate will have an opportunity to demonstrate their expertise in leading, motivating and managing the Primary Health Care Team. The Manager will also engage in collaboration and partnership development to extend the range and mix of health services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall management and supervision of the Primary Health Care Team
- Ensuring an optimal team functioning and the efficient and effective delivery of primary health care and related services in accordance with professional standards and the mission, vision and policies of the Centre
- Identifying health and related needs and priorities for people accessing primary health care services and people in the community in order to plan, implement and evaluate program
- Engaging in broad based-health planning through collaboration and partnership development
- Maintaining appropriate statistical and data collection systems
- Assisting with general budget preparation, preparation of grant proposals as needed and monitor to ensure the effective utilization of resources
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Three to five years management experience in a community-based, human or health services organization
- Excellent knowledge of clinical practices and related policies and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability in budget preparation and proposal writing
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team and facilitating effective team planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated analytical and organization skills.
- Commitment to the anti-racism and anti-oppression principles at Hamilton Urban Core CHC
- Experience and understanding of the health needs of individuals and families in the inner city
- Ability to collect and analyze data, including familiarity with computer software programs
- Degree from a recognized university or a combination of relevant education and work experience
Interested individuals are invited to forward a covering letter and resume by Wednesday September 24th, 2008, to
The Hiring Committee
Manager - Primary Health Care
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, ON L8R 1B6
Fax: (905) 522-5374
Hamilton Urban Core CHC is committed to equity in employment.