The Canadian School Health Knowledge Network, funded partially by the Canadian Council on Learning through its Health and Learning Knowledge Centre is offering another excellent roster of school health related webinars. These webinars feature evidence-informed practices on a variety of school health topics and are intended to support the efforts of practitioners in school health, be it Educators, Public Health Professions, community partners, NGOs et al. All webinars are supported by follow up related reading and recommended links.
- COMPASS: A successful collaboration of mental health, school and community services geared to supporting the mental health of young people, October 9th, 11:00-12:00 noon PT
- How schools can build student resiliency through Developmental Assets & Positive Behaviour Support, October 16th, 11:00-12:00 noon PT
- Rethinking Drug Education, October 21st, 11:00-12:00 noon PT
- Making Daily Physical Activity (DPA) a reality in schools, October 23rd, 11:00 - 12:00 noon PT
- SACY - School Aged Children and Youth Substance Use Prevention: Early findings from a comprehensive, school-community partners initiative, October 28th, 11:00 - 12:00 noon PT
- Social-emotional Learning and its role in Substance Abuse prevention, November 6th, 7:45-8:45 a.m. PT
- YOO magazine: A Health and Mental Health Literacy Program for your School!, November 13th, 11:00 PT
- Eat Together, Eat Better! : The benefits of eating together as a family, November 20th, 11:00-12:00 PT
- Beyond Suspension: Changing student behaviour through an alternative to Drug and Alcohol suspensions, November 25th, 11:00-12:00 PT
For more on the School Health webinars and to register visit http://www.safehealthyschools.org/webinars/introduction.htm.