File OPHA 13-09.08: Full-time Project Coordinator for Public Health Core Competency project on Performance Management beginning October, 2008 through Sept 30, 2009
Closing date: 12:00 noon EST, October 6, 2008
Compensation: negotiable competitive salary
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto
Relocation: expenses will not be paid
The mission of the OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.
This Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of a project on the development of a performance management framework for Public Health Core Competencies in partnership with 4 health units and public health professional organizations in Ontario.
- Coordinates, develops and facilitates the implementation of the components of the project including conducting an environmental scan of existing competency based tools for performance management; developing, pilot testing and evaluating a performance management framework and tools; implementing a knowledge transfer strategy for dissemination of project results and coordinating the electronic posting of materials and tools to the project site on the OPHA website.
- Collaborates with the Steering Committee in the overall planning and development of the project.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with public health partners.
- Assumes a lead role in identifying, developing and implementing the supports and resources necessary to meet milestones and bring the project in on deadline.
- Secures and oversees the work of the administrative assistant, external vendors with expertise in human resource management and evaluation who provide services to meet project objectives.
- Prepares and provides interim and final project reports to Steering Committee and funder.
- Monitors project progress, reviews work, manages budget and takes appropriate action to ensure project milestones and deadlines are met.
The qualifications include:
- A degree in human resource management and/or health science from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; a masters degree would be an asset.
- Project management experience in the health field or in education, government or similar setting.
- Experience working with competency based performance management processes is an asset
- Experience in working with teams in a multidisciplinary setting, in collaboration with external partners and with contracted service providers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, administrative, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Resourceful, flexible, and possesses a high degree of common sense, independence and initiative.
- Proficiency with PC-based common office software.
- French-English bilingualism an asset.
- Legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and MUST quote the file number in the Subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail, marked "Confidential" to:
Connie L. Uetrecht
Ontario Public Health Association
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.