The Caring Communities Award recognizes and celebrates communities whose imagination and collaboration have led to specific and long-lasting achievements, especially when faced with limited resources and difficult situations. The 1999 Caring Communities Award recipients are:
* La communaute theatrale franco-ontarienne, a coalition that connects French theatre organizations across the province;
* the Rayside-Balfour community near Sudbury;
* Rainy River First Nation located in Northwestern Ontario;
* Roebuck, a small town less than an hour's drive from Ottawa
* the Six Nations of the Grand River First Nation, made up of Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, Tuscarora and the Delaware First Nations, situated outside of Brantford.
For more information see or contact Cindy Little or Gabriella Skubincan (888) 504-8464
The program for Celebrating Our Past, Building Our Future: 50th Annual OPHA Conference November 15-17, 1999 is available. For information call OPHA Conf. Committee Secretary, Vanessa Tang, at 416-395-7653 or OPHA Conf. Coordinator, Ana Almeida, at 416-367-3313 ext. 23.