Remember to complete your OHPE Bulletin Survey! Deadline: Wednesday September 19, 2001.
Please take the time to fill it out - we value your thoughts about the bulletin. The more responses we get, the better able we are to meet your needs. The fast way to fill it out is online at http://www.thcu.ca/ohpe/survey.html or you can reply with your responses to [email protected].
If you require any assistance with this survey, please call Adam Spencer at (905) 771- 8231 x 204 or call Alison Stirling at 1-800-263-2846 x 226.
Along with the rest of the world, we have watched in horror and disbelief the events in the US this week.
For Canadians wishing to help, the Canadian Blood Services has posted the following on their website: "Canadian Blood Services (CBS) has received reports from the American Red Cross, America's Blood Centre, and the New York Blood Centre indicating that supplies of blood from Canada are not needed at this time....The need for blood continues, both for major crises like the one in the United States and for the very personal crises such as cancer, car accidents and emergency surgeries that call for blood every day. We are now asking people to call and make an appointment to donate in the coming weeks." For more information visit http://www.bloodservices.ca/home.html or call 1 888 2 DONATE. The Canadian Red Cross provides information on donating money at http://www.redcross.ca/english/newsroom/sept13.html.
Rena Clamen provided the following additional links in Toronto CED Bulletin 58:
* The University of California at Berkeley has created a database where people can inquire about the safety of specific individuals or report someone who is safe at http://safe.millennium.berkeley.edu/.
* The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers information about how individuals can help with disaster relief in New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania at http://www.fema.gov/nwz01/nwz01_95.htm.
* An article from the Peel District School Board Crisis Intervention Team offers assistance to parents in dealing with this issue at home with their children at http://www.peel.edu.on.ca/.
Our thoughts are with all those affected by this tragedy.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
In OHPE news, there have been recent changes to our subscription service. Here are the three ways to subscribe to the OHPE Bulletin list:
1. Send a message to [email protected] with a command like this in the body of the message: subscribe [email protected]. You will then receive a message from the OHPE-L list admin asking you to confirm your subscription request by replying with the confirmation number. Once you have done that, you will receive the welcome message.
3. Contact the OHPE Bulletin team. Send an email to [email protected] with the email address of the person to be added (for our records and reports, it helps immensely if we know the organization and city of the subscriber) and within 12 hours they will be added to the OHPE Bulletin subscriber list.
With the new 'Mailman' subscription list system, every subscriber will have their own subscription list management page on the Internet and a password to manage their options (which for OHPE Bulletin are simply 'unsubscribe' or 'subscribe'). You will receive a monthly reminder telling you what all your list.web.net mailing list passwords are and how to unsubscribe.