The Board of Health of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties supports the health of our 140,000 residents through clinical, education and inspection services. The Oral Health Department promotes the health of our community through a broad range of programs and services with an emphasis on children. Through the Children in Need Of Treatment Program and the Ontario Works Dental Programs, children and adults have access to dental care they otherwise could not afford. Our school programs provide access to treatment programs for students and educational resources to teachers. Our health unit participates in an educational and clinical services program for our local First Nation's community. Services are also offered to the residents and care givers in our local long-term care facilities.
We are looking for a dynamic proven leader to manage the provision of quality services to our community. Reporting to the Director of Oral Health, the position's key responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, manage and prioritize all dental programs mandated under the Ontario Public Health Standards
- Lead, motivate and control a diverse group of independent professionals.
- Oversee the administration of CINOT and OW programs with specific responsibilities for accounting and claims reconciliation.
- Monitor and manage departmental spending within the approved budget.
- A degree in dental health or a bachelor's degree in a health related discipline that includes completion of full courses in health promotion principles (including community development and social marketing); program planning and evaluation; statistics and data analysis; and behavioural psychology
- If a member of a regulated health profession must be currently registered with the profession's licensing College.
- Master's degree in a health related discipline or administration an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs in a strongly regulated environment.
- Proven ability to interpret, apply and enforce government regulations and deal with conflict.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and staff development skills.
- A strong track record of achieving service goals and sound fiscal controls
- Previous experience in public health an asset.
- Management experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- A valid driver's licence and use of a vehicle are required.
The Health Unit provides a salary range of $77,807 to $91,800. We also offer a full benefits package including four weeks vacation and a 35 hour work week.
Apply before 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 10, 2009, to
Mr. Scott Elder
Manager of Administration - Human Resources
Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit
179 North Park Street
Belleville, ON K8P 4P1
The personal information submitted on resumes and applications for employment is collected under the authority of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, RSO 1990, Chapter H.7 and will be used to determine their eligibility for employment.