Department: Social and Community Services
Location: Children's Services Division
Position: Public Health Nurse
Salary Range: $33.23 - $40.88 per hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a contract/temporary basis, working 35 hours per week, from date of hire to approximately June 30, 2010.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing OR Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized university are required. Incumbent must hold a current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Must have knowledge and experience related to health promotion strategies with children and families as well as a good knowledge of community supports and services. Must have knowledge and skills in community development, coalition building, home visiting, education, policy development, and group facilitation. Must have a demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting and have excellent communication skills. Strong computer and project management skills are required. French or additional language skills would be considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Extensive daily travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings.
- Responsible for delivering Public Health Programs with an emphasis on comprehensive health promotion programming to children (aged 1-13), families and their caregivers.
- Provides health programs and services that may include consultation, education and skills development, counseling, creating environments supportive of healthy choices and policy development.
- Delivers services in community settings that can include community agencies, schools, Ontario Early Years Centres, childcare centres and community-based projects within neighbourhoods. Programs within these settings target individuals, families or groups.
- Functions as a member of a team; collaborates with health department, division and the community to implement health promotion programs addressing parenting, injury prevention, mental health promotion, family health, heart health and cancer risk reduction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: May 11, 2009
Posting Expires: May 20, 2009
Posting #: SS-103-09
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right.
Apply Online at http://www.halton.ca or by fax or mail:
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Fax: (905) 825-4032