Deadline January 22, 2010
Choice in Health Clinic is a not-for-profit, woman-centred, health care facility providing a range of women’s reproductive health care services including abortions, non-judgmental pregnancy options counseling, pre and post-abortion counseling, birth control counseling, pregnancy assessments, and follow-up examinations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership and overall day to day management of service delivery systems, programming, financial, personnel, fundraising and public relations for Choice in Health Clinic. She will ensure that all such systems comply with the statement of purpose and values, strategic plan, objectives and policies of the organization. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Pro-choice philosophy on abortion
- Master’s level degree from a recognized university in a related field or a combination of life experience and significant senior management experience in a related setting
- Five years’ experience with progressive management responsibility in community health, social services or a related setting
- Demonstrated understanding of equity issues and commitment to working within an anti-oppression framework
- A successful history of budget negotiation and management and fundraising
- Proficiency in program development, delivery and evaluation
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community participation and community-based health care
- Proven ability to maintain productive relationships with other community-based organizations, a board of directors, and government agencies
- Sound knowledge and application of human resource management and accounting principles and policies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $70,000 - $76,000 annually
Start Date: March 2010
Choice in Health Clinic is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves. Our organization is staffed by self-identified women only. We recognize the discriminatory impact of gender normativity on our lives and the shared oppression that trans and intersex women share with cisgender women. As such, we encourage applications from all self-identified women.
Please apply with a resume and a letter describing your relevant work and life experience by 12:00 PM on Friday January 22nd, 2010, to the Hiring Subcommittee - Executive Director, Choice in Health Clinic, [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted in early to mid February 2010.
We are not able to accept fax applications or phone inquiries at this time. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.