February 19, 2010
Holiday Inn, Fairview Road
9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Over the past 4 years, CAST Canada has held more than 60 Addiction & Trauma Consumer Panel workshops with more than 2,000 frontline workers like you. Discussion focuses on unique, relevant ideas around what worked (and what didn’t) in helping relationships.
Who Should Attend?
You are a frontline worker or any general helping professional where your clients often have addiction and/or trauma issues. The day is popular with shelter, housing support, O.W. , ODSP, all outreach and Children's Aid workers, therapists, counsellors, correctional and probation officers, professors, teachers, guidance counsellors, EAP professionals, all hospital staff . . .
Note: Interested addiction or trauma workers please contact us.
- Witness moving, open testimonials from consumers who have been helped by professionals
- Participate in highly interactive discussion with consumers and colleagues
- Receive solid, safe and effective tools
Some Common Themes:
- “Role of Relapse” - Learn to discuss this volatile topic
- “Nature of Cravings” - Simple to deliver, productive, builds relationship & empowers the client
- “Roles, Goals & Boundaries” – Surprising and helpful insights from consumers
Cost: 140 + GST (lunch not provided)
Easy Registration: http://cast-canada.ca/
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network list, http://www.canadianharmreduction.com]