Deadline April 30, 2010
Position: GIS Project Manager
Organization: KFL&A Public Health
In collaboration with key stakeholders, responsible for shaping the project’s vision, mission, goals and objectives. Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, managing and evaluating the GIS Project, including the management of human, fiscal and capital resources associated with the project. Is the central voice for the project and provides a common source of related services, standards and supports required for the coordination among the GIS partners.
- Masters Degree in Geography, Geomatics or mapping related field.
- GISP certification or credentials to acquire preferred
- 5 years professional experience with automated mapping, database analysis or design, programming, testing and implementing GIS software applications
- 3 years experience managing enterprise level GIS and managing staff in a GIS environment
- Proven experience in applying GIS to Public Health preferred
- Experience with GIS in municipal setting preferred
- Experience in data management or analysis, research methodology, survey research methods, analysis and/or health informatics
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI GIS products (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE. ArcIMS)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results management skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, evaluating), including project management skills.
- Demonstrated resource management skills (human, financial, information)
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities, work independently, take initiative and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and across multi-partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals and prepare grant applications.
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice, visual basic and relational databases.Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by April 30, 2010, to Human Resources, KFL&A Public Health: [email protected].
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.