Deadline April 30, 2010
The GIS Analyst acts to support the development and ongoing maintenance and dissemination of data and maps in the GIS environment. Reporting to the Manager, GIS Project Manager, the GIS Analyst will work with various departments and partner agencies to ensure that GIS needs for all project partners are met on a day to day basis.
- Masters Degree in Geography, Geomatics or mapping related field or equivalent
- Training in data management or analysis, research methodology, survey research methods, analysis and/or health informatics
- Three years GIS experience
- Proven experience in applying GIS to Public Health preferred
- Experience in user needs requirements, spatial database design, GIS based analysis, and map production
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI GIS products (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE. ArcIMS), particularly Spatial Analyst and Statistical Analyst and GRASS systems Demonstrated knowledge of related database products (MySQL, Oracle 11g
- Demonstrated knowledge of .NET and/or Java, to integrate databases, store and manipulate tabular data, generate maps and metadata
- Demonstrated knowledge of geospatial web applications
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, to exercise sound professional judgement, and to work within a multidisciplinary team and in community group settings
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced software skills (MSOffice)
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by April 30, 2010, to Human Resources, KFL&A Public Health: [email protected].
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.