May 13, 2010
1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Scarborough Civic Centre
Community Resource Connections of Toronto (CRCT), in partnership with Family Outreach & Response Program, Rouge Valley Health System, Second Base Youth Shelter Scarborough, & Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, is organizing a half day forum in Scarborough focusing on youth and mental health for Scarborough’s youth, their families, educators, settlement workers, and community workers.
The overall goal of the forum is to:
- To increase awareness of mental health services and supports for Scarborough’s youth, their families and those who interact with them,
- To promote early detection and increase understanding of mental health issues affecting youth.
- To outreach to isolated youth and families.
Topics of the forum include:
- What is mental health?
- Overview of some mental health issues (psychosis, anxiety, depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- What to do when someone you know is having a mental health crisis?
- Resources and information about mental health services in Scarborough.
To register, please contact Eric at [email protected].
For more information visit: http://www.crct.org/events/show_event.cfm?id=1346.