No deadline noted
Reports to: Senior Director, System Design and Transformation
Responsible for providing health planning expertise in the analysis of data and information that assists in determining the local health-care system plans and priorities. Conducts health planning initiatives and makes recommendations on projects.
- strong written/verbal communication skills problem solving
- time management leadership
- innovation creativity
- team player customer focus/service
- interpersonal skills business application software skills
- computer literacy initiative
As the main point of contact for health planning activities in the WWLHIN, the Planner will be expected to work with the LHIN staff to:
- Perform high-quality health planning, research and analysis of provincial data, community input and other sources in order to identify gaps and provide input to system design work including the Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) and the Annual Service Plan (ASP).
- Use multiple planning approaches, such as needs-based predictive models and community input, in order to contribute to the development of the Integrated Health Services Plan (IHSP) and Annual Business Plans.
- Participate in stakeholder consultations and provides analysis of information and data necessary to foster effective discussion.
- Stay abreast of best practices and methodologies in health-care planning in order to identify and recommend best planning approach.
- Research, analyze and interpret statistics, demographics and other information to inform demand forecasting, health planning and decision-making.
- Perform situational analysis/environmental scans and develops narrative reports as required.
- Develop and use appropriate evaluation and data gathering methodologies in support of health system design work.
- Assist with the analysis and health planning of the WWLHIN portion of the Capital Planning process including assessment of service and/or functional plans to confirm alignment with IHSP and ASP priorities.
- Lead projects related to the above and supports other WWLHIN activities and projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree (Masters level preferred) in related discipline.
- Previous experience in carrying out health research, analysis and planning initiatives in the health-care sector.
- Good knowledge of and proven ability to apply multiple planning and analysis of methodologies and make effective recommendations.
- Understanding of the Ontario health-care system and issues.
- Excellent written communications skills to prepare clear reports and analyses of data which will support effective decision-making and priority-setting.
- Excellent oral communications skills to explain complex technical information to superiors, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of the LHIN community
- Experience with GIS mapping tools, NACRS, DAD and PHPDB required.
- Ability to prioritize and identify gaps.