Deadline May 3, 2010
The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has requested an expedited knowledge synthesis that will bring clarity to the concept of "Health in All Policies" (HiAP) and guide a health and health equity agenda across Ontario ministries. A key goal of HiAP is the reduction of health inequalities through structures, mechanisms and actions planned and managed mainly by sectors other than health, where health determinants are framed as the bridge between policies and health outcomes. Our team at St. Michael's Hospital and the Centre for Research on Inner City Health has proposed conducting a scoping review of the relevant bodies of published and unpublished evidence related to HiAP. The deliverables of this work will be: (1) a report on the evidence base for HiAP, and (2) a stakeholder workshop to review the findings and implications of the report.
As part of this project, we seek to hire up to 3 full-time Research Coordinators to assist the study coordinator and study investigators in the scoping review process over an expedited, 3-month period (May-July 2010). Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Conduct in-depth interviews with key stakeholders (e.g., researchers, information specialists, policy-makers)
- Assist in the search, retrieval and review of relevant literature (published and unpublished/grey)
- Summarize the results of the interviews and literature succinctly yet comprehensively
- Assist in information management and qualitative data coding
- Bachelor's degree in the social or health sciences or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative interviews, specifically with government policy-makers and other professionals
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of the determinants of health
- Computer and data management skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
Salary: $23.76 hourly
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Dr. Ketan Shankardass ([email protected]) with the header "HiAP Research Coordinator Application" by May 3, 2010. Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Successful applicants must be available to commence employment by the middle of May 2010. We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
[Source: SDOH-L, https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=sdoh&A=1]