No deadline noted
40 hrs bi-weekly
Deadline: posting to remain open until filled
The Central Hastings Family Health Team offers primary and preventative care to residents of the Municipalities of Centre Hastings, Marmora and Lake, Madoc Township and Tudor & Cashel. The CHFHT operates out of three locations: the Tri Area Medical Centre in Madoc; the Marmora Medical Centre in Marmora; and the Municipal Office in Gilmour.
The Dietitian will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the chronic disease management and prevention model. The Dietitian will play a lead role in the planning, design, development and evaluation of nutrition-related programs and activities including group sessions, individual and family consultations. The Dietitian's primary target population will be patients with cardiovascular disease and diabetes as well as those identified as at risk.
- Conducts anthropometric assessments and reviews medical history with patients.
- Reviews patients' lab work and targets and acts as a coach in chronic disease management and addresses knowledge and skill deficits in nutrition as well as obstacles to change and involving other significant family members where appropriate.
- Guides the patients' behavioral changes, setting achievable, measurable goals, building self-management capacity and offering regular follow-up to achieve such goals as lower hemoglobin A1c levels, normal blood pressure and improved lipid profile and involving other family members where appropriate.
- Assists patients in developing skills to manage possible weight change, altered appetite, and/or functional capacity, including simplified food preparation, and local grocery shopping assistance programs involving other significant household members where appropriate.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle within the FHT and community.
- Acts as a resource within the health care team and provides training to other team members.
- Facilitates system navigation for patients and their families.
- Participates in Practitioner Committee Meetings and collaborates with team members to develop and implement programs.
- Offers group learning experiences where appropriate for chronic disease, nutrition management and healthy lifestyle Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University in Canada, or equivalent educational preparation from other countries, and an approved internship program, or two-year practicum, or graduate degree program or program of practical experience.
- Eligible for membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
If you feel that you will be a valuable member of our Team, please contact:
Mary Stuart, Administrator
Central Hastings Family Health Team
St. Lawrence St. E., Main Floor
Madoc, ON K0K 2K0