Deadline May 24, 2010
The Regional Diversity Roundtable is a network of organizations and institutions committed to building inclusion and diversity competence that results in the institutionalization of equity in their core values, structures, workforce, policies and services.
- Assist in the development of diversity and equity resources including workshops and Practice Briefs
- Assist with e-communications and website including regularly update events and resource database
- Participate in working groups and assist with various project work plans including capacity building, community engagement and communications.
- Assist with the implementation of a volunteer recruitment process.
- Prepare program materials and perform related administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with community outreach and community engagement
- Some post-secondary education in a field related to social/health/community services or related experience
- Some knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity and anti-oppression.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
This position is funded in part through the Ontario 2010 Summer Experience Program
- All youth must have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or 29 for persons with a disability if disabled within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Youth must be residents of Ontario
- Youth must be eligible to work in Canada.
Note: The applicant should be living in Ontario at the time they start work. The intention of the program is to provide career related experience to Ontario youth, e.g. those that live in, are from, and have immediate family in Ontario. Foreign students on a visa with a temporary SIN card are not eligible.
This is a 10 week position for 35 hours a week starting mid June 2010.
To apply send cover letter and resume by May 24th, 2010 to: [email protected], Fax: (905) 457 0706