Deadline May 21, 2010
The Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre (ORCC) in partnership with the University of Ottawa and The Ottawa Coalition to End Violence against Women is currently seeking candidates for the position of Sexual Violence Researcher. This project timelines are May to December 2010. This project will explore the links between youth, sexual violence and alcohol use through a literature review and French/English focus groups. The Researcher will be paid $23.00 per hour for 300 project hours.
Essential requirements & qualifications include:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in the social science field or related discipline and/or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated experience in social science research and participatory based research;
- Demonstrated understanding of sexual violence and its impacts on women;
- An awareness of community based sexual violence prevention programming in the City of Ottawa;
- Demonstrated ability to co-facilitate focus groups with youth and service providers in French and English;
- Ability to work under the direction of a research advisor and a community based project steering committee;
- Strong outreach, administrative, verbal and written communication skills; and
- The ability to start immediately.
- Ability to speak a language other than French or English;
- A working knowledge of cultural competency service provision and working with people from diverse backgrounds.
Closing date is May 21, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
Please fax or email your cover letter, resume & a sample of your written work (no more than 5 pages) to: Sandy Onyalo, Executive Director, Fax: 613-562-2291, [email protected].
The ORCC is an anti-racist/anti-oppression, pro-choice feminist organization and we strongly encourage women of colour, aboriginal women, lesbians and women with disabilities to apply. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
[Source: PAR-L, http://www.unb.ca/par-l/list.htm]