Deadline May 19, 2010
Job ID 6568
City Of Hamilton
Public Health Services Planning & Continuous Improvement Division - Applied Research & Evaluation
Location – 1 Hughson St. N., 4th Floor
Research Analyst - CUPE 5167
1 Temporary Full Time Position
Summary Of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Applied Research and Evaluation, the Research Analyst is responsible for conducting research/program evaluation activities to support programs within Public Health Services. The Research Analyst works closely with program evaluation coordinators and participates as a member of a research/program evaluation team to: develop research/program evaluation questions, conduct literature reviews, develop appropriate research/program evaluation designs, implement specific research/program evaluation activities, provide statistical analysis and write reports.
- Participates as a member of a research/program evaluation team(s) in the development of research questions.
- Conducts literature reviews to support program evaluation initiatives.
- Participates in the development of appropriate research design and methodology to conduct program evaluation/research.
- Implements appropriate research/program evaluation methodology.
- Conducts pilot research/program evaluation projects.
- Coordinates specific research/program evaluation activities.
- Provides consultation related to research/program methodology, i.e. survey design, and tool development.
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis, i.e. inter-rater reliability, meta-analysis.
- Analyzes a variety of databases, and develops databases.
- Conducts both quantitative and qualitative analysis of data.
- Participates in program evaluation/research activities including: developing reports, papers, and posters for dissemination to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with community partners in the undertaking of joint program evaluation activities.
- Provides consultation to program staff in the implementation of research/evaluation activities.
- Represents the Planning & Continuous Improvement Division on Public Health Services and Community Stakeholder committees.
- Works in accordance with the provisions of applicable Health and Safety legislation and all City of Hamilton corporate and departmental policies and procedures related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research/program evaluation methodology, advanced statistical analyses such as inter-rater reliability and meta-analyses, qualitative and quantitative analyses and survey design and tool development normally acquired through the completion of a B.A./B.Sc. Degree in evaluation and related research work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of microcomputer systems and software packages for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis including SPSS, NVIVO, Word and Access.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working with committees.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
This position requires a valid Class “G” driver’s license and proof thereof is required after hire.
Salary: Salary Grade K, $31.049 - $32.460 - $33.872 - $35.283 per hour
Hours: 35 per week
Note 1: This vacancy for a period of 12 months for a maternity leave.
Note 2: This position(s) currently requires the incumbent(s) to use their personal vehicle(s) 3 or more times per week for City business. In accordance with the City policy, parking is provided at this time. Should the job requirement change, parking will only be provided in accordance with the City policy in force at that time.
The incumbent shall comply with all health and safety policies and practices for this position and the workplace.
This Notice was posted on May 13, 2010 and closes on May 19, 2010.
It is the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licenses and related experience with their application for this competition and ensure that it reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. On the JOB ID 6568 basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all present employees
Applications should be forwarded to:
Staffing and Workforce Planning Specialist
City Hall, P.O. Box 2040 STN LCD 1
Hamilton, ON L8N 0A3
Staffing and Workforce Planning Specialist
120 King Street West, 9th Floor