Deadline: June 21, 2010
Job Posting: Diversity Project Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time Date Posted: June 4, 2010
Job Region: ON – Peel Region Application Deadline: June 21, 2010
Office Location: Peel Region
The Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) is a network of organizations and institutions committed to building inclusion and diversity competence that results in the institutionalization of equity in their core values, structures, workforce, policies, and services. The RDR is looking for a professional individual committed to diversity and equity to support, coordinate and consolidate its initiatives over the course of the project funding.
Under the leadership of the Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) the Project Coordinator will:
• Facilitate idea development and planning
• Coordinate the activities and events of the Regional Diversity Roundtable
• Implement the work plan of the Roundtable
• Create, lead, and coordinate working groups to assist project completion
• Provide administrative support to the RDR and its initiatives
• Research and compile diversity and equity management resources
• Document best practices for diversity initiatives and management within human service organizations
• Assist in the development and implementation of a sustainability strategy
• Other duties, as assigned
The Coordinator will be an energetic self-starter with the following:
• A sound understanding and commitment to diversity and equity, and their implementation in the human service sector
• A combination of post-secondary education and experience in the human service sector (minimum 3-5 years)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and computer skills
• Experience with community outreach and engagement
• Proven ability and experience working with diverse communities
• Proven ability to conduct literature and community research
• A critical thinker and a flexible doer
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong facilitation, coordination and organizational skills
• Previous experience working with collaboratives and networks is an asset
Currently based in Brampton, the Coordinator will be expected to travel across the Region of Peel and GTA. Access to a vehicle and a valid drivers’ license is a requirement.
Salary/wages based on education and experience.
To apply, send an email titled: "Application: Coordinator, Regional Diversity Roundtable" to [email protected], attention: Hiring Committee.
Thank you for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police reference check.