Niagara Region, Ontario
Deadline: June 30, 2010
COMMUNITY LEADER – NIAGARA REGION
• To stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
• As a leadership volunteer, you will work collaboratively with volunteers, concerned citizens, victims, community partners and the national office to conduct mission-related activities within Niagara Region.
• Minimum 1-2 year commitment.
• Approximately, 2-5 hours/month.
• Become a member of MADD Canada (no fee).
• Be a resident of the Niagara Region.
• 18 years or older.
RESPONSIBILITIES: KEY TASKS / ACTIVITIES
• Promote MADD Canada positively in your community.
• Act as a spokesperson and community liaison.
• Actively seek opportunities to partner and build strategic alliances / partnerships.
• Work collaboratively with fellow leadership volunteers; community partners (i.e., police, fire, emergency medical services, media, schools, health department, local merchants, companies, etc…) and the national office.
• Be knowledgeable about MADD Canada’s policies, procedures, programs and services.
• Submit (4) quarterly activity reports.
• Complete (2) public awareness programs and (1) victim support/outreach program annually i.e., Project Red Ribbon campaign, Campaign 911, drop off victim support materials to funeral homes, rehab centres, doctors offices etc…
• Raise awareness, fundraise, support victims (directly or indirectly) and raise MADD Canada’s profile in the Niagara Region.
• Attend MADD Canada’s National Leadership Conference and Victims’ Weekend (strongly encouraged for training purposes).
• Complete Victim Services Volunteer (VSV) Level 1 on-line training (strongly encouraged).
• Check email, phone and mail.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEERING
• Share your skills and expertise as a leader.
• Meet new people; learn new/enhance skills; network
• Gain valuable insights and experiences.
• Explore and/or confirm career opportunities.
• Contribute to the well-being of your community; support victims directly or indirectly
• Help keep your community; roadways and waterways safe.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALITIES
• You possess strong leadership, communication and networking skills.
• You are a strategic thinker.
• You are a people person; friendly; approachable and personable.
• You are flexible; a team player.
• You possess tact, discipline and attention to detail.
• You enjoy attending community events and speaking with the general public.
• You are mature and reliable.
• Your schedule is flexible.
• You have access to a vehicle.
• You enjoy fundraising.
• You have prior experience serving on a board of directors and/or volunteering in a not-for-profit setting as a leadership volunteer (preferred, but not required).
ORIENTATION & TRAINING
• Chapter Services Manager, Ontario
• National Conferences
• National website – www.madd.ca
• Members’ Site (AKA Intranet Site)
• NEW! Training DVD
• Mature and committed concerned citizens.
• Working professionals, mothers, fathers, business professionals etc…
• Not suitable for youth under 18.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS:
Please forward your resume and covering letter to:
Chapter Services Manager, Ontario
2010 Winston Park Drive
Oakville, ON L6H 5R7
[email protected] / FAX: (905) 829-8860