No deadline noted
Reports to: Director, High Blood Pressure AIM & Professional Education
Status: Permanent, Fulltime
Reporting to and with the support of, the Director, High Blood Pressure AIM & Professional Education, the Manager of Professional Education is responsible for developing, managing and overseeing all aspects of a broadly-based knowledge translation and exchange system for healthcare professionals in order to promote awareness and transfer knowledge of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular related medical and health issues.
This portfolio includes:
- interprofessional continuing education events such as
- the annual HSFO inter-professional conference, Clinical Update
- the 3 annual lectureships, two of which rotate among the 5 medical schools in Ontario
- the annual Stroke Collaborative, developed as part of the Ontario Stroke Strategy
- the Hypertension Collaborative, developed as part of the High Blood Pressure AIM Strategy;
- the Healthcare Professionals website;
- the healthcare professional resources developed in support of the Ontario Stroke System;
- The Living With Stroke program.
A ) Program Development and Management
Manage the ongoing development, enhancement and delivery of the Foundation’s provincial professional education program targeted toward healthcare professionals, including the continuing educational events (ie. annual Clinical Update, Stroke Collaborative, Hypertension Collaborative, the 3 annual lectureships), the Healthcare Professionals website and to effectively promote and increase awareness and usage of these professional education resources and events.
- Identify opportunities to further develop and enhance the professional education program based on ongoing environmental scan and analysis of latest technologies, knowledge/evidence, practices and programs related to knowledge exchange and transfer, healthcare provider needs and preferences
- Manage the launch and implementation of new projects, as appropriate
- Identify potential opportunities for integration of HSFO professional education programs
- Manage to secure the accreditation of professional education programs, where appropriate
- Ensure credibility and integrity of the Foundation’s provincial professional education program including adherence to relevant external guidelines (ie. CME including OCFP, CCFP and Rx and D guidelines, and Health Canada)
Manage the development, implementation and dissemination of professional education resources.
- Identify opportunities to broaden and strengthen the HSFO professional education program
- Evaluate the cost and feasibility of educational resource options
- Conduct province-wide reviews of educational resources in development
- Manage the launch and implementation of new projects, as appropriate
- Work with key partners to develop annual professional education plan
- Maintain and enhance the Healthcare Professionals Web site
- Ensure Parent Brand design standards are incorporated into educational resources
Manage the development, implementation and dissemination of professional education resources for the Ontario Stroke System
- Collaborate with the Ontario Stroke Network Best Practice Lead to identify opportunities for HSFO to support the Ontario Stroke Network in the development and dissemination of Stroke Prof Ed resources and opportunities for Knowledge Translation
- Work with the Senior Specialist of Professional Education to regularly review the Heart&Stroke Inventory of Stroke Prof Ed resources and the Stroke professional education atlas and determine what should be updated, what should be discontinued and what should be developed
- Provide leadership for the Living With Stroke Program, revise as required and support its effective implementation
- Monitor development regarding the Canadian Stroke Strategy and Canadian Stroke Network and together with Director of High Blood Pressure AIM & Professional Education, advise HSFO and the HP Directors on role HSF should play regarding stroke professional education
B ) Plan and Budget Management
Lead the development and management of annual business plans and financial outlooks and budgets for the professional education portfolio.
- Lead a complete and detailed monthly review of spending against budget and ensure accurate timely accounting and reporting of expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Be familiar and comply with all HSFO financial, accounting, IT, contract and purchasing policies and procedures. Ensure Supplier relationships are properly established, clearly documented and managed in accordance with contract and purchasing policies.
C) Evaluation and Measurement
Guide and support the evaluation and measurement of the professional education portfolio, including the identification and regular monitoring of key performance indicators.
D) Leading/Coaching/Directing Staff
Develop and direct the Associate Manager of Professional Education and Senior Specialist of Professional Education, to ensure the effective delivery of relevant core programs and services.
- Associate Manager of Professional Education
- Senior Specialist of Professional Education
- Significant relationship with Sr. Manager of Ontario Corporate Development
- Manager, Mission
- Manager, Research
- Has strong background and prior experience in healthcare professional education/conference planning including the development of accredited education programs
- Has strong background in a related discipline (such as nursing or allied health)
- Has strong knowledge and experience of adult education gained through a combination of academic and professional experience
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
- Familiarity with external guidelines related to healthcare professional education, eg. Rx and D guidelines, CCFP and OCFP accreditation guidelines
- Familiarity with scientific and medical aspects of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease and management preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working in multi level disease organization would be beneficial
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good network in the professional education arena
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Related post secondary education (such as health, nursing, allied health, health promotion, adult education)
- 5-7 years experience
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your application to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Email: [email protected]
Please include job title in subject line of email. If you are applying internally please indicate this by adding “Internal Application” in the subject line as well.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.