Deadline July 9, 2010
We are accepting proposals for a redesign and future development of our agency website.
The existing WDG Public Health website (www.wdghu.org) was originally designed and produced about ten years ago. It was designed as a static platform and has had various add-ons. A content management system was added three years ago. The website has and will continue to be hosted and managed in-house.
Significant changes to the needs and technical sophistication of both our agency and our target audiences over past 10 years have made this website increasingly obsolete.
We want our website to have a fundamental shift towards a more user-centered design.
We are interested in a website with:
- Improved information architecture
- Simplified design
- Increased accessibility and compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements
- Ability to capitalize on social media opportunities
Purpose of our website is to provide:
- Information on services at WDG Public Health
- Health information (or links to credible sources)
- On-going communications with our partners and the community during health emergencies
- Increase accessibility for users
The responsibility of providing and maintaining the content will fall to the staff of the Agency but the visual design, navigational and content structure will be developed by the vendor in conjunction with a stakeholder group. The vendor‟s experience and ability to facilitate such meetings will be considered in evaluating proposals.
The full RFP package is available on the website at http://www.wdghu.org.