July 23, 2010
We have an opening for a temporary full-time position to cover a maternity leave of absence beginning August 23, 2010. The initial assignment will be focused on injury prevention. The Public Health Promoter plans and implements public health programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field
- demonstrated skills in:
- program planning, implementation and evaluation
- health promotion and community development
- oral and written communication
- proven ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Certificate in Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion is an asset
- computer skills including word processing and Internet
- valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board Policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated.
Apply in writing by July 23, 2010 giving full resume of experience and qualifications to:
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4
Email: [email protected]
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is ann equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.