In this edition we highlight:
- funding opportunities for physical activity promotion programs;
- recently released reports and articles, including the 2010 Active Healthy Kids Canada Report Card;
- community programming that supports our 1st priority: development of walkable and bikeable communities, including Move More Milton;
- collaborative initiatives that supports our 2nd priority: increasing the availability of healthy food choices in the community, including the Community Food Advisor Program;
- innovative organizations that have developed projects which support our 3rd priority: ensuring community coordination of Healthy Weights: Halton Takes Action, including Volunteer Halton;
- an update on the Healthy Weights research project funded by the Canadian Institute for Health Research;
- and upcoming events in Halton.
Read the fourth issue online at http://webaps.halton.ca/health/resources/resource.cfm?ID=670.
We look forward to your comments and suggestions, please email us at [email protected] and check out our website for additional resources athttp://www.halton.ca/cms/One.aspx?portalId=8310&pageId=30044.