Deadline July 20, 2010
1 temporary full-time position (up to 15 months)
Deadline: Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Wage/Salary: $63,172.20 - $71,799.00 per annum\ $34.71 - $39.45 per hour
- Researches, designs, evaluates, plans and implements public health policies.
- Conducts research, evaluation and analysis of factors which promote and protect health and prevent illness.
- Facilitates and/or leads special project teams relating to the development of health promotion programs.
- Integrates theoretical frameworks with local data to design programs.
- Designs and implements evaluation plans to monitor and assess the effects of public health programs.
- Designs and implements research plans to monitor and assess the effects of public health programs.
- Analyzes and interprets data. Generates reports from electronic data sets.
- Leads or participates in community development initiatives.
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Master’s degree preferred or equivalent of related education and work experience.
- Knowledge of public health research and policy development; health behaviours and behaviour change; health determinants; risk assessment; health promotion program development and community development.
This position is in the Information and Planning Program in the Infectious Diseases, Dental and Sexual Health Division. The IPP provides research, planning, evaluation, facilitation, surveillance and other supports to all program areas in IDDSH. The other program areas include:
- Dental Health
- Infectious Diseases and Tuberculosis Control
- Reproductive Health
- Sexual Health and Harm Reduction
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases
For more information on this exciting opportunity please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Job Opportunities" on the left hand menu bar. Click on "Search Jobs." Finally, click on "Public Health Planner" to view the full position description.
Please apply online, by the closing date July 20, 2010, quoting competition number 2010-1373. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.