No deadline noted
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has a full-time permanent position for an Epidemiologist reporting to the Director of Environmental Health and Chronic Disease Prevention Services. The Epidemiologist will provide epidemiological expertise to facilitate evidence-informed practice, promote knowledge transfer, and support decision making in program planning and evaluation.
- a Masters in Epidemiology and experience in applied epidemiology; previous experience in public health would be considered an asset
- knowledge of current public health issues
- demonstrated skills in the theory and application of epidemiological concepts, trend analysis, forecasting, and quality assurance principles
- knowledge of health data sources and statistical packages
- experience using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info, and familiarity with other software packages and programming languages currently used to collect, analyze and report epidemiological data in Ontario; good skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- ability to communicate effectively, prepare written reports, and make oral presentations, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly explanations and formats
- effective project management skills and experience
The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
Position will remain open for application until filled. Please apply quoting posting number: EHEPIFT-0710/01, to:
Human Resources Dept.,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street
London ON N6A 5L7
E-mail: [email protected]
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.