Expand your health promotion toolkit for any health promotion issue: these introductory-level webinars cover the basics of THCU's recommended step models.
In each of our 75 minute lecture-style webinars,
- we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of each step in the relevant model,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life with examples,
- and to close, identify quality sources of more information, tools and describe THCU's customized consultation services.
In each of our 90 minute interactive application webinars,
- we begin with a brief review of the relevant step-model,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- orient participants to opportunities for further discussion on THCU's blog, and further assistance through our consultation services.
(*Participants must be able to access Microsoft LiveMeeting software in advance of the webinar.)
We recommend these sessions for
- anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs and services.
- managers or team leaders who train or advise staff or volunteers about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Note: Due to funding restrictions, registration priority will be given to health promoters currently working with Ontario-focused organizations. All others will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available. If you have a question about your eligibility for this workshop, please contact us at [email protected] or (705) 372-0018.
Topics, Format, Dates
- Planning Health Promotion Programs at a Glance, lecture style
September 16, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Policy Development at a Glance, lecture style
September 22, 9:30-10:45 a.m.
- Planning Health Promotion Programs, interactive, skill building webinar
September 23, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Policy Development, interactive, skill building webinar
October 12, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Evaluating Health Promotion Programs at a Glance, lecture style
October 14, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Evaluating Health Promotion Programs, interactive, skill building webinar
October 21, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Trainers Nancy Dubois and Robb MacDonald will be facilitating these webinars.
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Agency of Health Promotion and Protection, we are able to offer these workshops for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register for the workshops, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/events. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available:
- For each lecture-style webinar, we will accept up to 100 participants.
- For each interactive application style webinar, we will accept up to 30 participants.