Central and Central East, Ontario
Deadline August 20, 2010
Location: Central LHIN, Toronto Central LHIN, Central East LHIN
Position Title: Quality Improvement (QI) Coach (two positions)
The Quality Improvement and Innovation Partnership (QIIP) is a provincial organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care with the goal of advancing the development of a high-performing primary healthcare system. Our mission is to be the provincial leader in quality improvement methods for primary healthcare. We will achieve this by consistently providing knowledge, coaching and support for health system improvement and transformation. We help to accelerate the speed of change in primary healthcare through the sharing and implementation of key improvement methodologies, including the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Model for Improvement. For additional information on QIIP, please visit our website at http://www.qiip.ca.
QIIP is looking for two QI Coaches with proven improvement credentials.
The positions will be to serve regional areas bounded by (but not exclusively) the Central, Toronto Central and Central East LHIN.
The Quality Improvement (QI) Coach supports the QIIP mission to be the provincial leader in quality improvement methods for primary healthcare through a consultative, coaching role. Working in a continuous learning and improvement environment to ultimately contribute to healthier populations, the QI Coach will enable primary healthcare quality improvement teams to improve:
- Health care for people with chronic diseases
- Delivery of preventive care
- Access to care and office efficiency
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implements and manages participation in the QIIP Learning Community with various primary healthcare teams
- Integrates and applies QI methodology in team-based primary healthcare to improve health outcomes
- Coaches and supports healthcare teams through change, addressing the human aspects of change
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with primary healthcare teams, QI colleagues and other stakeholders
- Applies appropriate tools and processes relative to the relationship between primary healthcare and the complex systems of healthcare delivery
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Coaching/facilitation experience in team-based healthcare, including face-to-face and virtual interactions
- A degree in health science, health policy or administration, social science or other relevant field is required
- A clinical background and experience working in primary healthcare, ambulatory or community healthcare setting is an asset
- Solid understanding of the Model for Improvement, including measurement for improvement and learning models
- Professional experience participating in healthcare quality improvement initiatives is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Computer skills, data management and knowledge of clinical information systems
- Ability to self-manage with high initiative
This position will appeal to individuals who are self-starters and enjoy working from a home-based office location. QIIP provides a stimulating work environment comprised of professionals who are highly committed to enhancing health-care outcomes. Rich discussion and life-long learning are key facets of our culture. Working in a collaborative, team-oriented fashion is critical to our success. We offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package.
Regional travel to health-care teams will be required. A valid driver’s license and access to a car is essential.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by August 20, 2010 to [email protected]
QIIP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.