Waterloo or Cambridge, Ontario
Deadline August 27, 2010
Several temporary full-time positions (up to 15 months)
Wage/Salary: $63,172.20 - $71,799.00 per annum\ $34.71 - $39.45 per hour
- Researches, designs, evaluates, plans and implements public health policies and programs
- Conducts research, evaluation and analysis of factors which promote and protect health and prevent illness.
- Facilitates and/or leads special project teams relating to the development and/or implementation of public health policies, programs and strategies.
- Integrates theoretical frameworks with local data to design programs.
- Designs, implements and evaluates public health promotion strategies
- Designs and implements evaluation plans to monitor and assess the effects of public health programs.
- Designs and implements research plans to monitor and assess the effects of public health programs.
- Analyzes and interprets data. Generates reports from electronic data sets.
- Leads or participates in community development and planning initiatives.
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Master degree in Health or Social Sciences preferred or equivalent of related education and work experience
- Knowledge of:
- Research, planning and evaluation in a community setting
- Health promotion and policy development
- Data analysis, report writing and communication
- Community planning and group facilitation
Successful candidates could be placed in one of the following divisions:
- Child & Family Health
- Health Protection & Investigation
- Healthy Living, Planning & Promotion
- Infectious Diseases, Dental & Sexual Health
For more information on these exciting opportunities please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Job Opportunities" on the left hand menu bar. Click on "Search Jobs." Finally, click on "Public Health Planner" to view the full position description.
Please apply online, by the closing date August 27, 2010, quoting competition number 2010-1428. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.