Deadline September 17, 2010
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will also provide support to the Communications Committee, respond to member and public enquiries and undertake related administrative duties. Working in a multi-disciplinary environment, you will interface with the Research, Government Relations, Interprofessional Relations and Board of Governors of the Association to co-ordinate activities and provide support as needed.
As a person with superior interpersonal skills you are comfortable working with everyone from a practitioner in the field to the President of the Association.
- Education: University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference for liberal arts, English, journalism, communications or public relations.
- Experience: Minimum five to seven years experience, some of which was gained in an advertising or PR agency, not-for-profit and/or health related organization.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Creative and intuitive thinker, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as be a valuable team player.
- Ability to work to deadline, set priorities and juggle multiple projects without compromising quality.
- Strong project management, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of marketing and brand management principles.
- Possesses a strong “client service” mindset.
- Superior interpersonal, people management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of graphic computer programs, web-based technologies, and experience using content management systems (CMS) are assets.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their resume along with a letter of application including salary expectations by September 17, 2010 via email to [email protected] or by mail to:
Ms. Maureen McCandless
Canadian Chiropractic Association
Suite 600 - 30 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, Ontario M5T 3A3