Deadline September 2, 2010
This is a full-time position (37 hours per week). The Administrative Assistant reports to Dr. Nancy Edwards, University of Ottawa, who holds a Nursing Chair award from the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF). The position is for a one year period, commencing September, 2010, with potential for renewal.
- Coordinate and provide administrative and clerical support for major activities of the Chair including a 3-month summer research internship; speaking engagements; meetings with trainees, post doctoral fellows, research collaborators and decision-makers; preparation of annual reports and manuscripts; organizing international internship to be held in South Africa in 2011.
- Provide administrative support for a team of scholars and former research interns who are developing a workbook for future internships. Specific tasks include formatting documents, organizing reference material and related documents, identifying and retrieving relevant literature, tracking references and preparing reference lists using APA or Vancouver style format.
- Assist with organizing references and materials for a PhD course taught by Dr. Edwards including preparation of CanCopy forms for course readings.
- Provide administrative support for a book being prepared by Dr. Edwards on programs of research with a planned publication date of 2011.
- Maintain and regularly update curriculum vitae, database of trainees, master project files, multiple intervention website, and calendar of activities.
- Maintain timely and effective e-mail and oral communication with decision-making partners, trainees, and advisory committee members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of baccalaureate degree in health, social sciences or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be fluent in English).
- Administrative and coordination experience, preferably in a research and/or educational environment.
- Excellent word processing skills and very familiar with APA and/or Vancouver style referencing formats.
- Skillful in using MS-Word, MS-Powerpoint, Front-Page, EXCEL.
- Bilingualism (English and French), and experience with international projects considered an asset.
Application deadline: Thursday, September 2nd, 2010, at 5:00 p.m.
To apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter to Dr. Nancy Edwards at [email protected] or by fax to 613-562-5658. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.