Deadline September 16, 2010
It’s About People … And Possibilities
The Regional Municipality of York consists of a dynamic blend of rural and urban communities. The nine local municipalities provide a mix of small-town and city living with an emphasis on fostering community character. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top 75 Employers (2009), York Region offers diverse and vibrant career opportunities that reflect the ideals, spirit and quality of life of a much sought-after and growing metropolis.
Full-Time, approx. 10 months
Salary $42.69 - $46.41 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiology and Research, is responsible for analyzing and evaluating programs and processes for the Public Health Branch; providing expertise, leadership, facilitation and guidance in the design and implementation of evaluation methodologies; recommending strategies and policies to support effective program planning and evaluation; evaluating alignment of programs and processes with business and strategic plans.
- Successful completion of a Masters Degree in Epidemiology.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience in program planning and evaluation, group facilitation, community health research and health planning and the use of public health indicators.
- Proven consulting and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of current issues and practices related to Epidemiology, public health and health incomes.
- Thorough knowledge of the MOHLTC Mandatory Programs and Guidelines.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with business models and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of theories and principles and methodologies of public health programming including program evaluation, epidemiology and community health planning.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with software packages for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis (SPSS, Atlas.ti, Microsoft Office).
- In-depth understanding of and experience in determining the need for, the integration of and the interpretation of analytical, statistical and epidemiological methods and tools in conducting program evaluation.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Demonstrated analytical, qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling and presentation software.
- Demonstrated skills in oral presentation and small group facilitation.
- Ability to conduct extensive literature reviews and critically appraise literature.
- Ability to write reports, policy and procedure manuals, proposals and support for projects.
- Ability to identify and communicate organizational issues pertaining to making improvements in program planning and evaluation to management.
- Ability to synthesize information about a wide range of public health program goals and objectives both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability in managing special projects related to performance improvement.
- Ability to plan and implement education opportunities for staff and management on program planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multiple projects/requests concurrently.
- Ability to work outside normal business house as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by 4:30 p.m. on September 16, 2010 quoting competition #10656.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.