Deadline October 3, 2010
Under the direction of the VP of Development & Marketing, the Senior Manager, Direct Response is responsible for managing all initiatives and overseeing the operation and administration of all direct response initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Functional Duties
- Plans and directs all aspects of the Societys direct response program including mail, face-to-face, out bound telephone and on-line donations.
- Manages in-bound donation processing call centre.
- Lead Direct Response Agency in campaign development to ensure all communication is on theme, on brand and is timely and relevant to organizational goals.
- Manages multi-provincial direct mail programs
- Develops a strategic business plan and annual operating plan for the direct response programs for participating provincial offices; develops and monitors corresponding budgets.
- Monitors and manages relationships with outside consultants and vendors to develop strategies for optimal results.
- Sets benchmarks and performance metrics, tracks and analyzes results to assess the effectiveness of program strategies
- Liaises with the community fundraising, corporate, major gifts/planned giving, and marketing teams to ensure integration of fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Monitors trends in all areas of responsibility to ensure continuing viability and growth.
- Manages a small team of staff.
- Provides input to the development of portfolio goals and objectives; policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations. (Use or wear any protective equipment or devices required, Report any incidents, unsafe conditions or health and safety contraventions to your manager, and do not use equipment in any way that may endanger any worker or volunteer.)
- Review and comply with the Canadian Cancer Societys Health & Safety policy.
- Related post-secondary education in business or marketing (or equivalent combination of education and experience) with demonstrated supervisory skills.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct fundraising experience and success in this area
- Direct experience developing mass marketing and fundraising solicitation with knowledge of how they integrate with other fundraising strategies.
- Negotiating skills to effectively manage vendor relationships.
- Superior oral and written communication skills including ability to make presentations to influence others.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills to plan, execute and evaluate fundraising strategies and initiatives.
- Experience in a multi-level organization.
- Interpersonal skills with a strong customer centered focus to facilitate effective working relationships; demonstrated team player.
- Thorough understanding of database applications and use of information. Knowledge of Cornerstone, Convio and Raisers Edge is an asset.
- Familiar with CRA guidelines, Imagine Canada Ethical Code
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Criminal Back Check required
- Non smoker
- Works within a team environment.
- Works independently.
- Handles multiple priorities and interactions with many clients, both internal and external to the organization.
- Responds to inquiries from the general public (on phone or via e-mail).
- Works with confidential issues and data.
- May sit for extended periods.
- Involves significant computer use.
- May require packing and unpacking of materials up to 20 lbs.
- Donor Relation & Direct Response Assistant (2)
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, encompassing a starting salary which will reflect the level of work experience, and the chance to work in a supportive and progressive environment. Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resume and cover letter, quoting job#OHPE-73 by October 3, 2010, to:
Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division
55 St. Clair Ave. W, Suite 500 Toronto ON M4V 2Y7
The Canadian Cancer Society thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.