Deadline October 6, 2010
A very busy community-based, non-profit organization, serving a diverse community, and an equal-opportunity employer
The Regent Park Community Health Centre is a community-based primary health organization. It provides a mix of medical, nursing, social work, community health, community development, early childhood development, youth support and other services to a diverse community with complex health and social issues in downtown Toronto.
Salary Range $63,530 to $76,540 Plus Competitive Benefits
Working with an exceptional team of highly committed and skilled staff in a busy primary care setting, you will ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of clinical services. You will work closely with clinical and administrative staff to prioritize work, facilitate smooth flow, ensure appropriate resource availability and manage emerging pressures. You manage risks and concerns appropriately to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. You will directly supervise the reception and medical secretary team, including the team leader, and other staff as assigned.
- Ensure the smooth flow of daily operations including staff scheduling, client flow, supplies and inventory management
- Supervise the clinical administrative team
- Identify and resolve problems or issues related to clinic functioning including leading on-going quality improvement initiatives
- Ensure client records are created, maintained, stored and transmitted in accord with applicable legislation and policy
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures
- Ensure staff and equipment are operating in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and policy
- Provide oversight of infection control and sterile processing
- Prepare plans, reports and budgets
You will report to the Clinical Director and work closely with her to ensure effective responses to the changing health needs in our community through team leadership, excellent communication, planning, monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance, policy development, budget monitoring and creative problem-solving.
You have a post-secondary degree, preferably in nursing or health administration. You have demonstrated health operations management experience, and 3-5 years of experience with progressive responsibility in a client–centered healthcare setting. A strong team player with leadership skills, you have excellent communication, detail orientation and problem solving abilities. You understand health and social issues from a systemic perspective and can operate within an anti-oppression framework. Knowledge of the Regent Park community is a key asset.
Please send a resume with cover letter, by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 6, 2010, to:
Clinical Operations Manager Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 2B2
E-mail: [email protected]
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.