Deadline October 8, 2010
(Grid Level 801-850) CUPE Local 543.3
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is committed to evidence-informed practice within a population health framework. In this context, the Information Resources Department provides support for communication and evaluation activities throughout the health unit. Reporting to the Manager of the Information Resources Department, the successful candidate will work on a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, providing assistance with evaluation, research, and communication functions.
- Conduct extensive literature reviews to support evidence-informed planning for evaluation, communication, and marketing functions
- Facilitate knowledge exchange activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data using appropriate software and analysis techniques
- Assist with report writing, outlining the process and outcomes of program evaluation activities
- Provide editorial support for agency communications, including proofreading of materials for grammar, spelling, plain language, APA format, and adherence to corporate communication policy and procedure
- Perform other program evaluation and communication requirements as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008), particularly the research and knowledge exchange and program evaluation component of the Foundational Standard.
- Must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policies and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
The position requires:
- Minimum Honours Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Library Sciences, Health Sciences, or a related field
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation
- Capacity to learn quickly and in a self-directed fashion
- Motivation to engage in, and manage a wide range of tasks
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook, and general internet and electronic communications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills, with well-developed information literacy
- Must have excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
- A valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours
- A criminal clearance certificate.
The following would be considered strong assets for this position:
- Additional experience in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, or Evaluation
- Familiarity with public health programs in Ontario
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Working knowledge of additional research-related software (e.g., Lime Survey, GIS)
- A Master’s Degree in a related field.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resumé and cover letter by October 08, 2010 to Nancy Smith, Manager of Human Resources, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit, 1005 Ouellette Ave., Windsor, ON N9A 4J8.
Fax: (519) 258-6003, or by e-mail: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.