November 9, 2010
10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Program Training and Consultation Centre, in collaboration with Smoking and Health Action Foundation (SHAF), Ontario Tobacco Research Unit (OTRU), Leave The Pack Behind (LTPB), and several Local Public Health Departments in Ontario would like to invite you to attend an upcoming online learning session on the emerging issue of waterpipe/hookah use.
This free, 90-minute webinar is for anyone interested in learning more about the emerging issue of waterpipe/hookah use.
Participants will learn about the:
- definition and nature of the product including product variants
- settings for product access and use (e.g. product vendors, bars, private settings, etc.)
- product toxicity and dispelling myths on safety and the relationship with tobacco attributed disease
- legislative frameworks (federal, provincial, municipal and other), and
- ways in which local Ontario communities have begun to address the issue.
A question and answer period will take place at the end of the presentation.
Special guest presenters include:
- Lorraine Fry/Pippa Beck, Smoking and Health Action Foundation (SHAF)
- Joanna Cohen, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit (OTRU)
- Amanda Mullins, Ottawa Public Health
- Webinar Moderator: Steven Savvaidis, Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC)
Please register online at http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca.
A confirmation of registration will be sent via email.
Registration deadline: Friday, October 29, 2010
Please note the primary audience for this webinar is public health practitioners in Ontario.