Deadline October 27, 2010
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 35 individuals. Ophea exists to support schools and communities through quality program supports, partnerships and advocacy to enable children and youth to lead healthy active lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Projects Leader is required by Ophea to take responsibility for the planning and execution of all project deliverables within an assigned projects portfolio. The Projects Leader assists in exploring and strategizing new opportunities. Strong project management skills are essential to this position.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Project Management, Sport Administration, Business or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community particularly as it pertains to children and youth is required.
Skills & Experience required:
Experience in the planning and execution of programs, events, training sessions and leading meetings/work teams is required. This position requires strong people skills; strong project management skills; strong planning, budgeting and monitoring skills as well as the ability to coordinate communications and work with external suppliers and clients. The ability to problem solve and multi-task are also a requirement for this position. Bilingualism and formal Project Management training are strong assets for this position.
1. Leads the planning process for projects in his/her portfolio
- Works with the Division Manager in planning and proposal development
- Develops workplans and critical paths
- Identifies dependencies, raises variances and identifies contingency plans
- Identifies implementation team needs and committees as required
- Liaises with project committees regularly regarding logistics, project objectives and administration
- Investigates, explores and identifies opportunities for collaborating with new partners
- Supports Division Managers with planning of the Division
2. Leads the planning of project budgets in his/her portfolio and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Investigates and collects supplier quotes
- Processes invoices and obtains approval as outlined in Finance approval process
- Contributes to proposal development including budget development, workplan development and establishing resource requirements
- Develops and maintains project budgets in conjunction with Division Manager
3. Lead the execution of multiple project deliverables in his/her portfolio.
- Contributes to the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Leads implementation teams and assumes accountability for all projects deliverables within portfolio
- Identifies key deliverables and expectations of external consultants within project
- Manages correspondence and communications
- Oversees logistics of project-specific promotional activities (media deliverables as appropriate to the projects)
- Leads development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials
- Represents projects to others and at various promotional venues as required (ambassador)
- Tracks and monitors workplans
- Drafts official interim and final reports as required
- Provides reports as requested by the Division Managers, the Project Management Office and the Management Team
4. Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Manages external consultants and suppliers based upon negotiated deliverables to goals and objectives with support from Projects Coordinators
- Responds to telephone and written inquiries
- Provides support and seeks input from partner organizations as necessary
- Represents the interests of Ophea to various stakeholders (advocates the cause)
- Contributes to the maintenance of partner/funder relationships in conjunction with Divisional Manager
5. Coordinates administrative functions
- Maintains accurate project records and files, manually and electronically
- Ensures that information related to projects is current on the Ophea website
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than October 27, 2010 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.