Deadline November 19, 2010
(Grid Level 901-950) CUPE Local 543.3
Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, the Program Evaluation Specialist will work within a multi-disciplinary, research-based, population health framework, providing leadership and expertise in the design and implementation of program planning and evaluation activities in areas directly related to Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention program requirements.
- Have a lead role in a wide range of program planning and evaluation activities.
- Assist in developing and implementing research models as required.
- Assist in developing and implementing return on investment models, analysis and reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of surveys (i.e. on-line, scantron, paper) and other quantitative assessment strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of qualitative assessment strategies (e.g. focus groups, journaling, etc.)
- Develop and ensure the appropriateness and integrity of data files.
- Conduct in-depth statistical analysis of survey data.
- Develop interpretative reports based on the data analysis of surveys.
- Be up to date on the broad spectrum of health promotion evaluation systems
- Assist with grant identification and application to relevant and appropriate funding agencies
- Must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policies and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
The position requires:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Health Science, Applied Social Science, Public Health, Biostatistics,
- Epidemiology, Program Evaluation or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum one year's experience in the area of program evaluation
- Familiarity with public health programs in Ontario
- Familiarity with workplace health promotion programs
- Familiarity with relevant research data sets and analysis methods
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Proficiency in working with statistical and database software programs
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications, including E-mail and Internet use
- A valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours
- A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant’s cost.
- A PhD in a related field
- Competence in both official languages
- Familiarity with the principles and standards of quality assurance programs
- Familiarity and comfort with organizational and union dynamics within the manufacturing sector.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resumé and cover letter by Friday, November 19, 2010, to
Nancy Smith, Manager of Human Resources
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Ave.
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
Fax: (519) 258-6003
or by e mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.